Sports & Racing
Calculators & Math
Hobbies & Crafts
Charts & Graphs
3D & Animation
Classic OS Updates
Disk & File
Use the idle time on your computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) to cure diseases, study global warming, discover pulsars, and do many other types of scientific research. It's safe, secure, and easy.
BOINC lets you donate computing power to scientific research projects such as:
- Climateprediction.net: study climate change
- Einstein@home: search for gravitational signals emitted by pulsars
- LHC@home: improve the design of the CERN LHC particle accelerator
- Predictor@home: investigate protein-related diseases
- Rosetta@home: help researchers develop cures for human diseases
- SETI@home: Look for radio evidence of extraterrestrial life
- Cell Computing biomedical research (Japanese; requires nonstandard client software)
- World Community Grid: advance our knowledge of human disease.
- To participate in a project, download and run BOINC software, then enter the project's URL.
- You can participate in more than one project, and you control the fraction of your computing power that goes to each project. If you participate in several projects, your computer will be kept busy even when one project has no work.
Download File Size: 9 MB
distributed.net Client (dnetc) 2.9112.521
distributed.net was the Internet's first general-purpose distributed computing project. Founded in 1997, our network has grown to include thousands of users around the world donating the power of their home computers to academic research and public-interest projects.
Download File Size: 647 Kb
Our goal: to understand protein folding, misfolding, and related diseases
You can help by simply running a piece of software. Folding@Home is a distributed computing project -- people from through out the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer makes the project closer to our goals.
Folding@Home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems thousands to millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.
Download File Size: 29.3 MB
Pooch is software providing the easiest way to assemble and operate a high-performance parallel computer.
Download File Size: 5.7 MB
All Downloads are Direct Links to that Provided by the Developer/Publisher